You know you're from California when...
* The fastest part of your commute is down your driveway.
* You were born somewhere else.
* You know how to eat an artichoke.
* The primary bugs that you worry about are electronic.
* Your car has bullet-proof windows.
* Left is right and right is wrong.
* Your monthly house payments exceed your annual income.
* Your mouse has only one ball.
* You need a new TV, you can run down to the local riot and pick one up.
* You dive under a desk whenever a large truck goes by.
* You can't find your other earring because your son is wearing it.
* You drive to your neighborhood block party.
* Your family tree contains "significant others."
* Your cat has its own psychiatrist.
* You don't exterminate your roaches, you smoke them.
* You see 25 lawyers chasing an ambulance.
* More than clothes come out of the closets.
* When "the Dead" are best live.
* You go to a tanning salon before going to the beach.
Your blind date turns out to be your ex-spouse.
* More money is spent on facelifts than on diapers.
* Smoking in your office is not optional.
* You pack shorts and a T-shirt for skiing in the snow, and a sweater and a wetsuit for the beach.
* When you can't schedule a meeting because you must "do lunch."
* Your children learn to walk in Birkenstocks. (actually..that would be me)
* Rainstorms or thunder are the lead story for the local news.
* You'll reluctantly miss yoga class to wait for the hot tub repairman.
* You consult your horoscope before planning your day.
* A glass has been reserved for you at your favorite winery.
* When all highways into the state say: "no fruits."
* All highways out of the state say: "Go back." (I wish this one were true...and we need them by the border too! =D )
They should have added "If you consider avocados a dietary staple" and "If you actually understand what they're saying on the spanish channels"
...god I love this state.