Log in

No account? Create an account
entries friends calendar profile FurAffinity Previous Previous Next Next
The art of Thornwolf
Is there such thing?
Is there such thing as an art school that offers a 2 year degree program and would allow me to transfer credits from a junior college?

Anywhere in the country.

Just curious.

Current Mood: crappy crappy

14 comments or Leave a comment
akureiyamaneko From: akureiyamaneko Date: December 14th, 2006 10:00 pm (UTC) (Link)
You can get an Associates in two years at the Art Institute, and a Bachelor's in two years. Different ones around the country have different degrees--I think the one in FL has an Illustration major, but I'm not sure. I'm also not sure about them taking the credits, but based on my experience with them, they would let you place into a higher level class, but not give you actual credit for the junior college classes.
desertcoyote From: desertcoyote Date: December 14th, 2006 11:16 pm (UTC) (Link)
Yeah- sounds right. I got into the Art Institute of Phoenix with an "Art Certificate" from my local community college and a GED.
(Deleted comment)
akureiyamaneko From: akureiyamaneko Date: December 16th, 2006 03:52 am (UTC) (Link)
Funny, because we've been having portfolio reviews the last two days of this week.
kitsuken From: kitsuken Date: December 14th, 2006 10:23 pm (UTC) (Link)
On the credits, there's a chance they'll let you skip a year if you show sufficient ability. Otherwise there's either akureiyamaneko's (good god, you hate dyslexics, don't you? :p) suggestion or the possibility that they may allow you to study during the summer as well, getting an extra semester in and cutting the overall time needed for the course
dragonheadthing From: dragonheadthing Date: December 14th, 2006 10:41 pm (UTC) (Link)
I think I heard of something like that in Texas a few years ago.
saitenyo From: saitenyo Date: December 14th, 2006 11:36 pm (UTC) (Link)
I think the AIs (as a few others have suggested) have 2-year programs of some sort but I'm not very familiar with the schools overall.

LCAD has a certificate program which might be 2-year (allowing you to take only studio classes and not GEDs/liberal arts), but I'm not sure specifically what kind of degree that is.
From: astronomywuff Date: December 15th, 2006 12:03 am (UTC) (Link)
It depends on what degree you'll be going into. If I recall, the Art Institutes just cut out a whole bunch of programs in favor of their 4-year degree counterparts. You used to be able to get a 2-year animation degree, but not any more. What would you major in?
nambroth From: nambroth Date: December 15th, 2006 01:01 am (UTC) (Link)
This is true. The AIs are kinda like... the Walmarts of the art school world too, but they're better than nothing!
akureiyamaneko From: akureiyamaneko Date: December 15th, 2006 04:37 am (UTC) (Link)
Actually, I am IN a two year animation degree, at the AI of Seattle :3 There's no four year animation degree here, either.. associate's is two years, bachelor's is three. Must vary from AI to AI, I guess?
kitsuken From: kitsuken Date: December 15th, 2006 12:20 pm (UTC) (Link)
That's normal I think. Most courses go 2 years - associates, 3 years - batchelors and 4 years - Honours. If the school above switched to only honours, chances are you can do 3 years of it and get a batchelors instead. That's what most of the honours courses I've seen have done anyway
selunca From: selunca Date: December 15th, 2006 01:19 am (UTC) (Link)
Not an art school, but; Kirkwood.edu.

They have a general art degree that will get you an associates for $90 a credit hour.

Good luck. :)
From: hollyannvix Date: December 15th, 2006 02:30 am (UTC) (Link)
I don't know how colleges and universities work here in the States, I never really persued anything that major...

But looking through the UVM site (University of Vermont), they have a division on campus called The College of Arts and Sciences.

I really have no idea what to really look for, but here's the link if you'd like to check it out...


(nope, this has nothing to do with me living in Vermont and wanting more artist friends being around me. Nope, none at all! *whistles innocently!*)
From: chibithejournal Date: December 15th, 2006 03:25 am (UTC) (Link)
I dont know if you are in traverse still, but NMC has a 2 year program for art. :) they are a community college.. not top-notch, but I had some pretty great teachers there.
(Deleted comment)
kitsuken From: kitsuken Date: December 15th, 2006 12:21 pm (UTC) (Link)
Seems to be a 2 year course too, although no doubt it'd be 2 years of bloody hard work
14 comments or Leave a comment